Guests at Franklin General Hospital can now access the Internet wirelessly using their own portable computers. Visitors can bring their laptops or PDAs into the facility and easily access their e-mail, do some work, even look up medical information about the procedure their love one is having so they are prepared to ask questions. There is also a computer available for guest use in the hospital lobby. The only requirement is that the laptop or PDA is equipped with a WI-Fi compliant wireless Ethernet card and a standard Web browser (this is standard equipment on most computers).
Steps to Connect
How do I connect to the Internet?
- Check to make sure your wireless Internet/Wi-Fi software and card are correctly installed and powered on.
- Open your Web browser. You should see a welcome page that says "Welcome to Guest Internet Access at Trinity Health."
- Fill in your registration information, click "register" and you're ready to surf the Internet.
- To access the Internet you need a laptop or a PDA equipped with a Wi-Fi compliant 802.11b/g wireless ethernet card and a standard Web browser.
Having difficulty connecting? Here are things to check...
- There are a few areas, such as stairs and elevators, where no wireless is available.;
- Move to another area and try again if you think the wireless network (Wi-Fi) is not present.
- Ensure that your SSID is set to "guestnet001."
- Refer to your Wi-Fi card manufacturer's instructions on how to set the SSID.
- If you're using Microsoft Windows, the setup process is usually automatic.
- Ensure that WEP encryption is disabled and authentication is set to "None."
- Make sure that the connection is configured for INFRASTRUCTURE mode.
(Note: Ad-Hoc mode will not work.)
- If any changes were made, restart your computer and Web browser.