Today, Americans are more health-conscious, much more aware of our bodies, and considerably more knowledgeable about physical health and illness in general. At Franklin General Hospital, an individual can come to the laboratory and receive wellness screens without a physician's written order.
Wellness Laboratory Tests allow the public to manage their health and health concerns. This is not to take place of medical care; it is a quick, easy and inexpensive way for people to receive laboratory testing from our limited menu of Wellness Tests.
About Wellness Tests
- A physician's order is not required for these tests.
- You don’t need an appointment. Simply register at hospital registration.
- Tests are offered from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- A parent or guardian must accompany anyone under 18 years of age.
- The customer (if 18 or older, or parent/legal guardian if the person is under age 18) consents to take responsibility for the follow up of abnormal results.
- A physician will review critical test results.
- Payment for the tests must be received at the time of service in cash or check; insurance will not be billed.
- The results will be sent directly to you within one week of collecting the specimen along with an explanation of any abnormal results.
- You are encouraged to share these results with your health care provider.
- Contact the lab at 641-456-5025 for a listing of tests offered.
Wellness Test Options