Franklin General Hospital offers a “Sick Child Care Program.” This program has been developed to provide accommodations and care for the temporarily ill children of Hampton and the surrounding areas while their parents are working.
The program is available from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. Your child will be admitted at the Acute Care nurses station. This program is not available on weekends or holidays.
Eligibility For the Program
- Any sick child, infant through 12 years of age, who is ill but does not have or has not been exposed to a communicable disease, (i.e. chickenpox).
- Any sick child of a working parent, who has been preregistered.
- Parents wishing to be eligible for this program must preregister and complete a preadmission information form on their child/children in advance. These forms can be obtained by calling 4565000 or can be picked up at the Business Office or the Acute Care Nurses Station at Franklin General Hospital. We must have this form prior to the admission of your child to establish a medical record.
Preadmission Information Form
- Please call FGH Acute Care nurses station one hour prior to the admission of your sick child and request permission for the admission of your child.
- The Acute Care Supervisor/Charge Nurse is authorized to make the final decision regarding admittance to the “Sick Child Care” program. Admittance may be denied based on census or availability of staff.
- The use of this service is not covered by insurance. The parent is responsible for payment at checkout time.
- The fee is $3.00/hour for care.
- Extra personal supplies, medications, etc., that are provided by the hospital will be billed to the parent at the end of the stay.
Planning for Stay
- Please bring your child’s personal items, medications, a “comfort” toy or blanket, etc. with you at the time of admission. Formula/baby food for infants should be brought in by the parents.
- Your child will be placed in a room on Acute Care with others according to their illnesses.
- Plan to spend at least 15 minutes with the nursing staff assisting with admission information about your child.
If you have any questions or concerns about the program, please contact Chris Eckhoff, Director of Nursing, at 641-456-5000.
"The next best thing to being with you"