We support price transparency. For our patients to understand their potential financial liability for hospital services, we are making our hospital charges available to patients. Hospital charges vary based on the type of care provided. The price can differ from patient to patient for the same services. The price will be different for complications or different treatment for the patient's personal health condition. Patients also may qualify for financial assistance. Please contact Jason Feucht at 515-295-2451 or send an email to email@example.com for a price estimate or to find out if you qualify for financial assistance.
As Kossuth Regional Health Center patient, you may have questions about your bill. Please see below for some of the most commonly asked questions and answers.
- Do I need to inform my insurance company that I’m going to receive hospital services?
- It depends on your insurance policy. Because there are so many types of insurance plans, it is difficult for us to tell you whether or not you need prior approval or notification. It is your responsibility to check with your insurance company or your employer about this.
- Should I bring my insurance card with me to the hospital?
- Yes, the information on your insurance card is needed for KRHC to file a claim with your insurance company(s). When you register, we will ask you for information about your insurance coverage and have you sign a few forms. This registration process goes much faster when you bring your insurance information with you.
- How do I find out if my insurance company will cover my hospital services?
- Insurance policies vary. Contact your insurance company or employer with specific questions about what is or is not covered by your insurance plan or if a referral is required. For example, Medicare does not cover the following services: self administered drugs (except when provided during acute or skilled inpatient stays); inpatient or outpatient dental in most cases; outpatient laboratory screening, etc.
Please refer to your Medicare handbook to verify coverage of services you will be receiving.
You are legally responsible for your bill at the time you receive services from KRHC.
- Will you bill my insurance company for me?
- Yes. As a service to you, KRHC will bill your insurance company (s) based on the information provided by you at the time of registration. We are able to bill up to three insurance companies for you.
- When will I receive a bill?
- After your insurance company has processed your charge, KRHC will send out a monthly statement showing your responsibility for the charges. Please note that Medicaid patients do not receive a statement.
If you do not have insurance coverage or we do not have your insurance information, we will mail an itemized bill to you after you receive services. Payment can be made by personal check or by credit card (MasterCard, Visa or Discover) within 30 days.
- Will I receive more than one bill?
- Yes, you may receive a bill from more than one provider for the same date of service. These bills are usually for services provided by physicians, by radiologist, pathologists or other professional medical groups. These groups will bill you directly for services they provided.
- How will I know if my insurance company has paid on my bill?
- You will likely receive an explanation of benefits from your insurance company. After your insurance company has paid or denied their portion of your hospital services, you will receive your statement indicating your responsibility. This statement will show the amount that has been paid and any balance you are required to pay. This is your bill. You have 30 days to pay the balance. If you cannot pay the balance within 30 days, please contact our Credit and Collections department to make payment arrangements.
- How do I set up a payment arrangement?
- Contact our Credit and Collections department and a payment schedule will be developed depending on the remaining balance due. You will be required to make a regular monthly payment. If you miss a payment and do not contact our office, this cancels the payment arrangement and further collection proceedings may be implemented.
- Where can I pay my bill?
- You can mail your payment to:
Kossuth Regional Health Center
1515 S. Phillips Street
Algona, IA 50511
If personalized assistance is needed, please contact our Patient Accounts department at 515-295-2451. Our office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm.
- What if I just cannot afford to pay my bill?
- Contact our Credit and Collections department to see if there is a program for which you qualify. You may be eligible to receive financial assistance on your hospital bill.
- How do I designate my payment?
- Statements show your balance for the hospital, Algona clinic and Bancroft clinic. You can designate how much you are paying on the balance for each location by writing the amount into the table listing the three locations. For example, you can write $20 in the table under the Algona Clinic and $15 in the space under the Hospital and include $35 total for your bill.
Business Office Hours (hospital and clinic)
Monday through Friday: 8:00am - 4:30pm